Play Senet: The Egyptian Game of the Pharaohs
The board consists of 30 tiles called houses, arranged in three rows of 10 squares each. The pieces are placed alternatively starting on tile 1 and ending on tile 10.
Red plays first. You may start with any piece that can make a legal move.
Press the button to see how many tiles to move your piece forward.
Pieces move around the board from left to right in the first row, right to left in the second row and left to right in the third row.
Each dice roll will correspond to the following:
•1 = move 1 tile and play again
•2 = move 2 tiles
•3 = move 3 tiles
•4 = move 4 tiles and play again
•5 = Cannot move. Lose a turn
•6 = move 6 tiles
Face off against the hard difficulty CPU in Single Player Mode or against a local friend in Two Player Mode.
A piece cannot land on a tile occupied by a piece belonging to that same player.
When a piece lands on a tile occupied by the other player’s piece, they switch places, unless that player has two or more pieces in a row, in which case the pieces are “protected”. Pieces on tile 26 (“House of Happiness”), 28 (“House of the Spirits”) and 29 (“House of the Double”) are always safe from being switched.
When a player has 3 or more pieces in a row, it “blocks” the other player’s pieces and these cannot pass.
As you play along, you may encounter situations in which a move is not possible and you must therefore relinquish your turn. If you obtain a 1 or 4 and you cannot move a piece, you will be given another turn. This may go on until you obtain a 5 (lose a turn) or another number
that lets you move.
The House of Rebirth (Tile 15): Your piece will land here after falling on the Nile.
The Nile River (Tile 27). If the House of Rebirth is occupied (by you or your opponent), then you must land on the previous closest unoccupied tile.
The House of Seth (Tile 21): This is an evil tile. You can only exit with numbers 1, 4 or 6. This last number will drop you straight onto the river, though.
How to get pieces out of the Senet board:
IMPORTANT: To exit the board, the first row must be emptied of that player’s pieces.
All pieces must land on the House of Happiness (Tile 26) before proceeding to the last three tiles. From the House of Happiness you can move to any of the last 4 squares by obtaining the corresponding number:
• 1 – Fall into the river and move back to the House of Rebirth.
• 2 – Land on the House of the Spirits (Khu) (Tile 28). Moving from here to the last 2 squares is prohibited. You must get a 3 to leave the board.
• 3 – Land on the House of the Double (Ka) (Tile 29). Moving from here to the last square is prohibited. You must get a 2 to leave the board.
• Get a 4 and you land on the last square. You must get a 1 to leave the board.
• Get a 6 and you get to leave the board.
Version 1.0.1 Notes:
* Completely ported to AS3
* 1062 total lines of code (-255)
* Play Again button not working as intended has been fixed
* Game will no longer freeze when clicking between turns
* CPU prioritizing forming 3 consecutive chips when moving to an empty tile over moving to the House of Happiness has been changed
* Minor changes in pseudo-random number generator
* Mouse hovering opponent’s pieces will no longer light them
Version 1.0.2 Notes:
* 1038 total lines of code (-24)
* Solved issue regarding CPU not swapping piece when in House of Happiness tile
* Added another priority to the CPU as a result of the previous bug
Programming by Hacsev / Art Design by All-About-Egypt